If your skin is prone to redness and irritation, then you have sensitive skin. People with sensitive skin generally feel itchiness and burning around the face. For many reasons, this could be the result of skin diseases such as eczema, or a bad reaction to beauty products. Maintaining a clean, dewy and healthy complexion takes a lot of time and essentially, just requires the use of beauty products you know your skin will react well to. Here are a few tips that will help you take care of your skin:
- Get your skin tested – Skin tests help determine what ingredients and beauty products are suitable for your skin type. This can be done by dabbing small amounts of a product directly onto your skin and monitoring the reaction.
- Be cautious of what your buying – When buying beauty products, you can not grab the same makeup or skincare as someone with normal skin. You must be cautious of what ingredients you are putting on your skin to prevent irritation. Choose products that have no artificial ingredients and colors and are fragrance free.
- Moisturize regularly – Moisturizing your face regularly will keep your sensitive skin from drying out.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink lots of water – Watching what goes into your body is just as important as what you put on your skin. Eating healthily and clean will flush out toxins and bring radiance to your skin. Drinking water or fresh juices will hydrate your skin and reduce sensitivity levels.
- Apply sunscreen – Too much sun and ultra violet exposure can damage skin cells and irritate the skin. Always apply sunscreen or a foundation with a high SPF to protect your skin from harmful sun damage.
- Wash your skin – Washing your skin with an all natural facial cleanser is important to remove all makeup and dirt clogging up your pores. Always pat dry and apply toner and moisturizer after.